Eight Tips to Consider when Preventing Entry of Flies
Apart from being immensely annoying, flies are considered to be carriers of many deadly diseases. They transfer about hundred pathogens that can most surely result in cholera, dysentery, typhoid, and tuberculosis. In the following write-up, I have chalked down some excellent tips and tricks through which one can effectually prevent the said insects from entering his or her house. Readers are requested to buy some time and take a close look at the below-mentioned pointers.
- Flies are known for hating vodka’s smell and hence preparing a solution with this particular alcohol is going to help a lot. Mix vodka with organic eucalyptus lemon oil as well as aloe Vera juice and spray it in affected areas. People can also apply it on their skin in case they do not wish the flies to latch on to their body parts and cause allergies.
- Making a flytrap with certain immensely common items stands to be quite effective. Fill a bowl with substantial amounts of apple cider vinegar and a tinge of liquid soap. The latter contributes to a firm surface forcing flies to fall into the vinegar before they can even comprehend the entire situation and try to escape.
- Cut a fresh lemon into two halves and stuff numerous cloves within its flesh. The intense aroma of both the stated items is enough to repel flies. Make sure to place it near the windows and doors.
- Fly screens are specifically designed for keeping mosquitoes, flies, and other kinds of unwanted pests at bay. Now while there are plenty options readily available, modern-day consumers tend to depend upon the manufacturers of fly screen doors at Melbourne because they assure highly durable structures for an affordable price.
- If the pesky flies are creating nuisance for a prolonged period now, it is time to purchase a new air freshener containing cinnamon from the market. One can also pour fifteen to twenty drops of pure cinnamon oil inside a diffuser and notice exactly how the brilliant scent drives the said pests away.
- Electric swatters have managed to gain widespread recognition with many individuals investing in it lately. This product kills flies and other insects when they come in contact with it and is obviously a cleaner alternative. Even though more or less safe, an electric swatter does deliver unpleasant shocks so must be kept away from children and pets.
- Citronella candles are generally used for eliminating mosquitoes but latest studies have found that they could deter flies too. Now isn’t that simply amazing? The smoke generated force insects to scatter. Candles made from camphor also work quite well.
- Many household owners have said that certain plants such as lemongrass, mint, basil, and lavender can also obstruct the flies from entering into rooms. One can stick them in traditional flower pots situated near a window or back and front door.
Keeping the six tips specified above in mind and implementing them with utter caution would most surely allow one to get rid of flies in absolutely no time.